Sanat Kumar Das
Sanat Kumar Das
Assistant Professor, Environmental Science Section
PhD: Physical Research Laboratory / Gujarat University, 2011
- DST-SERB Ramanujan Fellow at Environmental Sciences Section, Bose Institute, Kolkata, India : 2013-2018
- Visiting Scientist during March 2014, Department of Physics, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Post Doctoral Fellow at Department of Atmospheric Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taiwan : 2011- 2013
- Post Doctoral Fellow at National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki, India : 2010 – 2011
- Resident Scientist at Project Atmospheric Brown Cloud, UNEP Regional Resource Center for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP), Hanimaadhoo, Maldives : Feb 2010 – June 2010
- Post Doctoral Fellow at Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India : 2008 – 2010
- Aerosol induced Earth's Radiation budget
- Simulation of Cloud Microphysical Processes
- Satellite Retrieves Aerosol Parameters over the Himalayas
- Antarctic Aerosol effects on Polar Climate Change
Environmental Science Section
P-1/12 C.I.T. Scheme VII-M
Kolkata - 700054, India
- A. Roy, A. Chatterjee, C. Sarkar, Sanat Kumar Das, S. K. Ghosh, S. Raha, "A study on aerosol-cloud condensation nuclei (CCN) activation over eastern Himalaya in India", Atmospheric Research, Volume 189, 1 June 2017, Pages 69-81, ISSN 0169-8095.
- Sanat Kumar Das, A. Chatterjee, , S. K. Ghosh, S. Raha, " An integrated campaign for investigation of winter-time continental haze over Indo-Gangetic Basin and its radiative effects", Science of The Total Environment,533, 15, 370-382, 2015.
- Sanat Kumar Das, A. Chatterjee, , S. K. Ghosh, S. Raha, "Fog-Induced Changes in Optical and Physical Properties of Transported Aerosols over Sundarban, India", Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 2015.
- Sanat Kumar Das, J. P. Chen, M. V. Ratnam and A. Jayaraman, “Investigation of radiative effects of the optically thick dust layer the Indian tropical region”, Ann. Geophys., 31, 647-663, 2013.
- Sanat Kumar Das and A. Jayaraman, “Long-range transportation of Anthropogenic Aerosols over Eastern Coastal Region of India: Investigation of Sources and Impact on Regional Climate Change”, Atmos. Res., 68-83, 2012.
6.Sanat Kumar Das and A. Jayaraman, “Role of Black Carbon in Aerosol Properties and Radiative Forcing over Western India during Premonsoon Period”, Atmos. Res., 102, 320-334, 2011.
7.Sanat Kumar Das, A. Taori and A. Jayaraman, “On the role of dust storms in triggering atmospheric gravity waves observed in the middle atmosphere”, Ann. Geophys., 29, 1647-1654, 2011.
8.Sanat Kumar Das, D. P. Dhobal and N. Juyal, “Variability of Aerosol Optical Depth and recent recessional trend in Dokriani Glacier, Bhagirathi valley, Garhwal Himalaya”, Curr. Sci., 99, 1816-1821, 2010.
9.U. Das, H. S. S. Sinha, S. Sharma, H. Chandra, and Sanat Kumar Das, “Fine Structure of the Low Latitude Mesospheric Turbulence”, J. Geophys. Res., 114, D10111, doi:10.1029/2008JD011307, 2009.
10. Sanat Kumar Das, A. Jayaraman and A. Misra, “Fog induced variations in aerosol optical and physical properties over the Indo-Gangetic Basin and impact to aerosol radiative forcing", Ann. Geophys., 26, 1345-1354, 2008
11.S Ramachandran, R Rengarajan, A Jayaraman, M M Sarin, Sanat Kumar Das, “Aerosol radiative forcing during clear, hazy and foggy conditions over a continental polluted location in north India", J. Geophys. Res. 111. D20214, doi:10.1029/2006JD007142, 2006.
2015-16: SEM II - Electrodynamics II